Special Guest : Craig Duranti

First up for me is my current favourite band, Late of the Pier. I openly admit it doesnt take me very long to be completely in love with a new band, and this group of lads are no different. Hailing from Castle Donnington, there is some serious hype surrounding this lot (they are averaging 800 myspace plays a day), and they have some good people behind them too. Erol Alkan is producing the debut album, and this heavy slab of indie-electro goodness is out now on Moshi Moshi: (Ed: I've blogged this before but it is bloody good)


I saw this next lady at Sheperds Bush in London last week and thoroughly enjoyed my evening. Lets just say she got some mixed reviews in the press, but I think that Kate Nash makes simple yet interesting pop music and she is an immensely talented musician. This is my favourite track from 'Made Of Bricks':


Clubbing Wise there are two massive events coming up in the next 8 days! At the time of writing there are 24 hours to go to the Annie Mac presents night in at the warehouse project in Manchester. The line is up ridiculously good, if you haven't got a ticket look away now....!

Erol Alkan
Bonde De Role (Live)
Chromeo (Live)
Annie Mac
Kissy Sell Out
Sinden + The Count Of Monte Cristal

This bit of jacking hip-house is out now on Counterfeet and comes from two of the hottest producers in the scene right now:


And if that wasnt enough to wet the appetite a week later on Sat Dec 1st is the Modular records party @ Turnmills in London! The line up includes:

MSTRKRFT
Buraka Som Sistema
Sinden + The Count Of Monte Cristal
The Mighty Boosh (DJ Set)
The Horrors (DJ Set)
Spank Rock

I've been hammering this in my DJ Sets recently and its worth picking it up if you haven't already:


Finally, this is the new video from Blood Red Shoes. After declaring Late Of The Pier as my new favourite band, I'm going to save my love for these two for a future post!


I'm DJ-ing quite alot in December, please come out and show some love!

Craig Duranti

Comments

  1. I'm really sorry but Late of the Pier are the worst band I have ever seen live.

    Whats with the names? Trying too hard and basically not good enough.

    Utter poo. Your blog is good though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment